Let’s face it, life can be tough, demanding, stressful, and sometimes even downright awful, which is why many of us find ourselves searching the web for inspirational quotes to live by, as a means not just of temporarily motivating ourselves, but quite literally changing our entire outlooks and perspectives on life.
For centuries upon centuries, amazing wordsmiths, literary geniuses, and people in positions of wealth and power have been able to influence us with the power of a few words. They say that the pen is mightier than the sword, and they’re absolutely right as a good motivational quote yield more power than any of us could ever imagine.
Inspirational sayings and motivational quotes can literally change our entire outlook on life, which is why we’ll now be listing the most powerful 100 inspirational quotes to live by to help motivate, encourage, and inspire you to better your lives.
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 1 : 25 inspirational life quotes and sayings to live and learn by
First off, here’s a look at 25 positive inspirational life quotes and and sayings to help get the ball rolling.
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve” – Napoleon Hill
This quote is particularly powerful because it teaches us to believe in ourselves and never give up on our goals and dreams.
- “Life is about making an impact, not simply an income” – Kevin Kruse
This quote is effective because it teaches us that there is more to life than just simply money.
- “I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse” – Florence Nightingale
Life is about taking responsibility for our actions and actually doing what needs to be done, rather than simply looking for excuses and the easy way out.
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky
This quote teaches us to not be afraid of taking risks and trying new things rather than simply taking the easy way out.
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity” – Amelia Earhart
This quote by Amelia Earhart teaches us that actually getting started and taking the first steps of any new venture is by far the hardest, the rest simply comes naturally.
- “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being” – Kevin Kruse
This quote teaches us that selfishness and greed are not mantras to live by, and instead we should aim to be kinder and better individuals.
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans” – John Lennon
This quote emphasises how quickly life can pass us by if we chase materialistic things. We spend so much time trying to be rich, famous etc that we miss the moments that truly matter.
- “We become what we think about” – Earl Nightingale
This quote is very much about the power of the mind and what it can help us achieve. If we think about becoming successful, we WILL become successful, and Vice Versa is we dwell on failure.
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any” – Alice Walker
This quote teaches us to stand up for ourselves and to not be walked all over and to not feel unworthy when compared with other individuals.
- “The mind is everything, what you think, you become” – Buddha.
Again, another quote on the power of positive thinking and self belief and showing that if we think positive thoughts and how to better ourselves, we can become the person we always wanted to be.
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is right now” – Ancient Chinese Proverb.
This quote teaches us that it’s never too late to do what needs to be done, and rather than dwelling on what should have been done, we should instead simply just do, right here right now.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life” – Steve Jobs
This inspirational quotes about life teach us that we only have so long here on this world, and living our lives doing what society tells us to do, rather than what makes us happy is no life to live.
- “I am not a product of my circumstances, I am a product of my decisions” – Stephen Covey.
This quote teaches us that no matter what our situation may be, the power of rational thought and the decisions you make will ultimately decide on your fate later in life.
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you” – Jim Rohn
Image credit: www.ainspirationalquotes.com
This quote is very much about being assertive and taking charge of your life. If you want something to happen you make it happen rather than relying on others or simply wasting time hoping it will happen.
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
This Henry Ford quote is again all about the power of positive thinking and self belief. If you believe you can do something, you can do it. If you don’t believe in yourself, you can’t do it.
- “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” ― Kevin Durant
Create your own talent by working hard.
- “You can never cross the ocean, until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore” – Christopher Columbus
This quote by Columbus is about having the courage to step outside of our comfort zones and to sometimes take risks to help us achieve our goals.
- “Life shrinks of expands in proportion to one’s courage” – Anais Nin
This quote is very much about having courage and being willing to take risks and try new things without fear of failure.
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote teaches us that our destiny is in our own hands and we make our own luck in life.
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” – George Addair
This quote by George Addair is designed to show us not to be scared of failing, or taking risks, or being knocked back etc and to simply go at something all guns blazing and give it everything we’ve got.
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can”. – Arthur Ashe
This is very much a quote about the here and now. It teaches us to not put tasks off and to make the best of the resources, the support, and your circumstances to help achieve your goal.
- “Teach thy tongue to say “I do not know” and thoult shall progress” – Maimonides
This quote shows that we shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help or admit to our shortcomings as asking for help will result in being taught what we need to know and what we previously didn’t.
- “Everything has beauty but not everyone can see” – Confucius
This quote teaches that everything has beauty and good in it somewhere, the problem is that not everybody is able to see this.
- “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions” – Dalai Lama.
This Dalai Lama quote shows us to be assertive and to make the right choices in life that benefit us. If you’re unhappy with something, make the changes necessary until you are happy.
- “If the wind will not serve, take the oars” – Latin Proverb
This Latin proverb teaches us to not rely on the actions of others and to put in the hard work ourselves rather than simply taking the easy way out or simply giving up if things become difficult.
More Inspirational Sayings:
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 2: 25 inspirational love quotes to live by
Love doesn’t always apply to romantic situations and circumstances as there are numerous different levels of love out there. Here’s a look at 25 inspirational love quotes.
- “When you trip over love, it is easy to get back up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” – Albert Einstein
This Albert Einstein quote teaches about the power of true love and how once you experience it, you’re never quite the same again.
- “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love” – Leo Tolstoy
This quote teaches us the power of positive thoughts, kindness, generosity, and having a loving soul. It is very much a quote about positivity and kindness.
- “If a thing loves, it is infinite” – William Blake
This beautiful quote from Blake shows that true love will never really die or fade.
- “To love is nothing, to be loved is something, but to love and be loved, that’s everything” – T.Tolis
This quote teaches that loving someone or something and not have them love you back is not pleasant. To have somebody love you but you not feel the same way is slightly better for you and your emotions, but to love somebody and have them love you back is the greatest thing in the world.
- “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality” – John Lennon
This Lennon quote shows that finding somebody with the same dreams and passions in life as yourself, that you can spend the rest of your life with is what life is all about.
- “In order to be happy with oneself, it is necessary to make at least one other person happy” – Theodor Reik
This is a quote emphasizing the importance of being kind, generous, and selfless by making other people happy and feeling good about the fact that you have.
- “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic in these things” – Woody Allen
This Woody Allen quote shows that we can’t always help who we fall in love with, but once we do that’s pretty much that.
- “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet” – Plato
This Plato quote shows that finding love in one way or another will make us happy, it will clear our minds, it will inspire us, and it will help us get in touch with our emotions.
- “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime” – Bette Davis
Here is a quote showing that time passes us by so quickly when we’re happy, in Bette’s case, in love yet suffering a broken heart as the result of love will appear to last a lifetime.
- “Love is like war: easy to begin, yet very hard to stop” – H. L Mencken
This Mencken quote is telling us just how easy it can be for us to fall for somebody, yet once we do, falling out of love with them is extremely difficult.
- “We are shaped and fashioned by those we love” – Geothe
This quote shows us how those we love can influence us, inspire us, and motivate us to impress them, and simply better ourselves in the process.
- “When love is not madness, it is not love” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
This quote is all about the fact that love isn’t always easy and that it can sometimes illicit irrational behaviour in us. Anything less than that is not true love.
- “Love is so short, forgetting is so long” – Pablo Neruda
Another quote about just how deeply a broken heart can affect us and how getting over a broken heart can take such a long time.
- “I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear – Martin Luther King
This MLK quote teaches us to love one another rather than hate as negative feelings and tendencies only cause further negativity.
- “Where there is love, there is life” – Gandhi
This Gandhi quote is very much about positivity and how if we love one another, and all things around us for that matter, then we can truly be happy and can truly experience life.
- “Better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all” – Hemingway
This famous Hemingway quote tells us that even though we may have lost somebody or something we truly loved, actually having them in our lives and experiencing love is still better than never truly experiencing love.
- “The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel pain” – Jenifer Aniston
Here we have a quote that emphasises just how much love can hurt. The more love you feel, the more at risk of feeling heartache you will be.
- “All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” – Charles Shulz
Light-hearted in nature, this quote teaches us that to love is an important part of happiness in life, though there are still other vices to be enjoyed.
- “We are most alive when we’re in love” – John Updike
Love can truly invigorate us, both physically and mentally and being in love will make you feel more alive than ever before.
- “If I know what love is, it’s because of you” – Herman Hesse
Herman Hesse here is talking about how it is difficult to describe being in love, yet when you are you will immediately know.
- “Lots of people want to ride a limo with you, but what you want is somebody who wants to take the bus with you when the limo breaks down” – Oprah Winfrey
This is a quote all about finding people that truly care about you for you, not your possessions, your assets, or your status etc.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or heard, but must be felt with the heart” – Helen Keller
This quote teaches us that real love and the beauty of the world must be felt within the heart and experienced as true emotions, rather than just senses.
- “One word frees us of all of the pain and weight of life: That word is love” – Sophocles
Another quote showing that true love can help make us happier than we ever thought possible.
- “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make” – Paul McCartney
This quote teaches us to love and be loved in return. Be kind to others and they will return your kindness.
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams” – Dr Seuss
This quote is very much emphasizing just how amazing true love can make us feel and how complete it can make our lives.
More Inspirational Sayings:
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 3: 10 inspirational sports quotes to live by
Sports quotes are also incredibly powerful, and what’s great about them is the fact that they can carry over into everyday life as well. Here’s a look at just 10.
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up” – Vince Lombardi
This quote shows us that life can be tough, but that it’s how we deal with testing times that truly defines us.
- “Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible” – Frank L Gaines
This is a quote about having an open mind and believing that anything is possible with the power of positive thought.
- “Age is not a barrier, it’s a limitation you put on your mind” – Jackie Joyner Kersee
This is a quote which shows us to not hold back and to not second guess or doubt ourselves and to not limit ourselves based on hypothetical situations that may not actually have come to fruition.
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anybody to work harder than you” – Derek Jeter
This hard work quotes teach us that there is no excuse to give any less than 100% in whatever your endeavours may be.
- “One man practising sportsmanship is far better than 50 men preaching it” – Knute Rockne
Here is a quote all about putting words to actions, saying that it is better to be a good sportsman, rather than just talk about being a good sportsman
- “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge” – Terry Bradshaw
This quote right here is about rising above challenges and proving doubters and negative individuals wrong by doing what many don’t believe is possible.
- “Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your own two ears” – Laird Hamilton
This quote is talking about the power of the human mind and how self doubt and negative thoughts can be your worst enemy.
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there” – Bo Jackson
Setting goals is an integral part of success and setting them high means you will work that little bit harder to achieve them.
- “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them” – Ben Hogan
Here, this quote is talking about the fact that even though others may be better at something than you, you can still give absolutely everything you’ve got by giving 100% and working your butt off.
- “Do you know what my favourite part of the game is? The opportunity to play” – Mike Singletary
This quote is about being humble and thankful for opportunities and not being arrogant or conceited. Staying humble is an admirable trait to have, and one which many people tend to be missing in this day and age.
More Inspirational Sayings:
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 4: 10 funny inspirational life quotes to live by
Sometimes in life, a little humour does you the world of good as life is far too short to be serious all the time. Here’s a look at 10 funny inspirational life quotes to live by.
- “The elevator to success is out of order, you’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time” – Joe Girard
This is a quote talking about the importance of putting in the hard work and not simply taking short cuts.
- “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night” – Steve Martin
This quote by the brilliant Steve Martin is talking about everything the sun represents, which is happiness, generosity, kindness, and natural beauty, and how much better the world is with these things in.
- “Change is not a four letter word, but often your reaction to it is” – Jeffrey Gitomer
This quote represents most people’s fear and objection to change, which is not always a bad thing.
- “If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done”? – George Carlin
Here we have a quote and a bit of a mind-bender as it teaches us that we may find successes in our failures.
- “You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club” – Jack London
This quote here is teaching us that if we don’t find what we’re looking for naturally, we may need to take extra steps to go out there and find it.
- “If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big” – Donald Trump
This quote, by business tycoon Donald Trump, is basically saying that if you’re going to do something, you may as well do it right and not cut corners.
- “Age is not of importance, unless you’re a cheese” – Billie Burke
This quote shows us that age must not be used as an excuse and it is just a number, unless you’re a cheese, which simply gets better with age.
- “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you” – Steven Wright
This humorous take on a famous quote tells us subtly that we shouldn’t be so quick to give up on our goals, yet at the same time we should know our limitations.
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds” – Einstein
This quote by Albert Einstein is fabulous as it emphasises the fact that people’s ideas will often be criticized and met with negativity from people that simply don’t have the mental capacity to think outside of the box.
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day” A.A Milne.
This is a clever play on words by A.A Milne, yet the message is still very clear: If you believe something is possible, you can achieve it.
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 5: 10 inspirational quotes to live by about difficult times
As we’ve mentioned, life isn’t always plain sailing and sometimes it does get tough and difficult, which in turn can deeply affect us in a number of ways. Here are 10 quotes designed to help you out of any tough times you may be facing in life.
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey” – Kenji Miyazawa
This quote talks about channelling our emotions and feelings, even if they are negative and turning them into positives.
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight” – Japanese proverb
Another quote here about never giving up no matter what life throws at you.
- “The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them” – Anon
This quote here talks about how certain aspects of life, even if they appear to be negatives, can be used as positives depending on how we react to them and use them.
- “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders” – Jewish proverb
This is a quote which emphasises the counter-productiveness of self-pity and how instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we should instead try to be stronger.
- “A problem is a chance for you to do your best” – Duke Ellington
This quote from Ellington talks about how we react to problems and obstacles and how to overcome them we should do our absolute best to find a solution.
- “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines” – Robert Schuller
This quote shows us that problems and hard times should cause our lives to grind to a halt, but should instead be used as guidelines and learning tools for us to implement in the future.
- “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing” – L.M. Montgomery
This is another quote talking about how we are only able to find successes in our failures and how failure is not always a bad thing.
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do” – Robert H Schuller
This quote is talking about how important it is to remain strong and to not let difficult times get the better of us, no matter what we may be facing.
- “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it” – Jacques Prevert
This a positive quote talking about how it’s so important to remain upbeat and positive even in our darkest hours.
- “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop” – Confucius
This quote is all about never giving up and fighting on to the very end, no matter what stands in your way.
More Inspirational Sayings:
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 6: 10 inspirational quotes to live by about being yourself
People often say that if you wish to be happy and wish to truly love, you must first learn to love yourself. Here are a further 10 quotes to help emphasize that point.
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken” – Oscar Wilde
Simple yet effective, this quote shows us the importance of embracing our true selves.
- “Follow your inner moonlight, don’t hide the madness” – Allen Ginsberg
This quote shows us not to hide any quirks or character traits that some people may not understand
- “We’re all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it than others” – John Hughes
This quote shows us that we all have unique quirks and characteristics, and that some embrace them, whilst others hide them.
- “A girl should be two things: Who and what she wants” – Coco Channel
This is a quote about not being controlled or shaped and moulded into being somebody that you’re not.
- “Be yourself, not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be” – Henry David Thoreau
This quote emphasises the fact that society places so much pressure on us to act in certain ways that compromise our true identities. It tells us to dress, act, and be the way that we want to be, without caring what others think.
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else” – Tyra Banks
Again we have another quote here which tells you to be who you really are and to not let anybody control you or change you.
- “Don’t compromise yourself, you’re all that you have” –John Grisham
This quote talks about the importance of hanging on to our true identities because at the end of the day, they’re what make you, you.
- “You cannot change what you are, only what you do” – Phillip Pullman
This quote tells us that we can’t change who we are, but we can alter the way we behave and how we conduct ourselves.
- “Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for” – Oliver James
This next quote tells you to follow your instincts and do things your own way when applicable and in turn you will achieve what you set out to achieve.
- “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” – Dr Seuss
This is very simple and to the point, yet strikingly beautiful at the same time. Being who you truly are is a wondrous thing and should be embraced with open arms.
More Inspirational Sayings:
Inspirational Quotes To Live By Part 7: 10 inspirational quotes to live by about success
Success is a very broad term as it can apply to so many different aspects of life. The simple fact remains however, that if you set out to achieve something, and eventually achieve it, or learn something along the way, you have succeeded in one way or another. Here are 10 quotes about success.
- “Just because they disagree, don’t mean you ain’t right” – Toba Beta
This quote talks about the fact that some people can be close-minded and cannot see things the way you see them, and will therefore assume you to be wrong.
- “Success isn’t forever, and failure isn’t fatal” – Don Shula
This quote puts things into perspective as it teaches that although succeeding is incredibly rewarding, even if we fail we shouldn’t let this destroy our lives.
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it” – Henry David Thoreau
This quote stamps home the point that people in a never-ending pursuit of success can often overwork themselves and wear themselves down as a result. Often, we stumble upon success or ideas that lead to success by accident.
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
This famous Disney quote teaches us to never be afraid to take chances and pursue our goals and our dreams.
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
Here, Churchill talks about how not being deterred or put off by failure and fear of failure is a success in itself.
- “The best revenge is massive success” – Frank Sinatra
In life we will always have doubters and naysayers who are pessimistic rather than optimistic. When they tell you that you can’t do something, you go out and do it and prove them wrong.
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going” – Winston Churchill
Another famous Winston Churchill quotes here, talking about how even in hardships and times of struggle we should power on and keep on fighting and never give up.
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have” – Thomas Jefferson
This quote by Jefferson is basically telling us that we make our own luck in this world, and if we want to succeed we will need to put in the hard graft ourselves.
- “If you genuinely want something, don’t wait for it – teach yourself to be impatient” – Gurbaksh Chahal
This quote here is talking about how we often put off doing things for one reason or another, and the best time to live is in the moment as the sooner we get started, the sooner we will succeed.
- “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others” – Baltasar
Actions speak louder than words, so rather than being a talker, instead be a do-er as you will get what you set out to get much quicker.
So there you have it, 100 inspirational quotes to live by that are guaranteed to not only change your entire outlook in life, but once you begin implementing them into everyday life, they will begin making your life more productive, more enjoyable, more successful, and just basically better than it was before. If you’re been inspired and motivated by the quotes listed in this article, why not let us know by commenting and sharing the page with others? Remember, the power of positive thought is more powerful than any tool or weapon so start training your mind today and you’ll be amazed by what you can achieve.
Back to www.bmabh.com Homepage