26. Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.
– Linda Wooten
27. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
― Jill Churchill
28. A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, “where mother is.”
– Keith L. Brooks
29. A mother holds her children’s hands for a while…their hearts forever.
30. A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.
— Cardinal Mermillod
31. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
– Tenneva Jordan
32. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to
dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
– Washington Irving
33. A mother understands what a child does not say.
– Jewish proverb
34. A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
– Victor Hugo
35. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
– Agatha Christie
36. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”
37. A mother’s love liberates.
– Maya Angelou
38. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
39. Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning tears of love,
None so devotional as that of “Mother,”
Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me.
– Edgar Allan Poe
40. My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.
– Michael Jordan
41. No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.
– Florida Scott-Maxwell
42. Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother.
– Beverly Jones
43. Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends – but only one mother in the whole world.
– Kate Douglas Wiggin
44. Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now I have seven children and only one theory: Love them, especially when they least deserve to be loved.
– Kate Samperi
45. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.
– Mildred B. Vermont
46. Children and mothers never truly part –
Bound in the beating of each other’s heart.
– Charlotte Gray
47. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” —Jodi Picoult
Education commences at the mother’s knee, and every word spoken within the
hearing of little children tends towards the formation of character.
– Hosea Ballou
48. I know how to do anything – I’m a mom.
– Rosanne Barr
49. I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still The deepest impressed on my heart.
– Eliza Cook
50. I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me
51.“My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.”
52. “The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise.”
― Rick Riordan
53. Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.
– Pearl S. Buck
54. The patience of a mother might be likened to a tube of toothpaste – it’s never quite all gone.
55. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.”
56. The strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.
– Barbara Kingsolver
57. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible — oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.”
58. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” —Tina Fey
59. There’s something that just happens to you when you have a baby, and you look at their little eyes for the first time when you’re holding them. They’ve been safe inside your belly for almost 10 months, and now they’re in your arms. Intuition kicks in, where you will do anything for them and you have all the tools inside of you to take care of them.”
60. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
– Sophia Loren
61. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.”
—Robert A. Heinlein
62. Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
– Ann Taylor
63. The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
– William Goldsmith Brown
64. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
– Chinese Proverb
65.What took me by surprise is the way I feel when her face lights up when I walk into a room because I am her world and she is mine. Being a mother is like taking your heart out of your chest and watching it walk around.
66. I thought my mom’s whole purpose was to be my mom. That’s how she made me feel.
– Natasha Gregson Wagner
67. It is not until you become a mother that your judgement slowly turns to compassion and understanding.
– Erma Bombeck
68. It’s so good to know that wherever you are, a Mom is with you in spirit and in love.
69. “M” is for the million things she gave me,
“O” means only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the tears she shed to save me,”H” is for her heart of purest gold;
“E” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
“R” means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell “MOTHER,”
A word that means the world to me.
– Howard Johnson
70. A mother,
There to support you,
And hold you up whenever you need her.
– Laurel Stephens
71. All mothers are working mothers.
72. First my Mother forever my Friend.
73. “Mama, you taught me to do the right things / So now you have to let your baby fly / You’ve given me everything that I will need / To make it through this crazy thing called life”
74. Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.
– Lisa Alther
75. “My mom had four kids, one with special needs. She had a full-time job, and she still came home and made dinner for us every night, from scratch. It was amazing.”
76. “She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great—but how to laugh through it.”
Next: Awesome Quotes about Daughters