There are just a few weeks until Valentine’s Day, so you’d better prepare your plan to surprise your loved one. Besides the traditional attentions and presents, you can win the heart of the person you love with a well-chosen Valentine quotes. It doesn’t matter if you are not a talented write that can invent some nice poems, because it is obvious that not everybody can do so. Still, something dedicated from the heart, even if the words are not yours, will be highly appreciated. Thus, here are 10 of the best sweet quotes for your valentine this year.
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” (Thomas Merton)
A life lived alone is not complete and fulfilling until we manage to find that someone to make it better. We will not find true happiness unless we share every day of our lives with our other half. So do your best to show this every day.
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” (Judy Garland)
When we love someone, everything that person does, from the words they say to the way they kiss, everything has a deeper meaning to us. But this what makes everything so special. Their sole presence makes our blood pump and give an entire new meaning to our lives.
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” (A. A. Milne)
It is futile to say that when we meet our true love, we cannot imagine living one day without him or her. Even if we have an entire life ahead, it still seems too little, as we would like to remain together for eternity. It is hard to accept that one day, we may have to face this world alone.
- “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” (George Edward Moore)
Our loved person is everything in our eyes. It is the angel that takes care of us, the breath of fresh air that keep us alive, the ray of sunshine that is keeping our soul warm. We don’t need anything else, but to be able to see their face every day.
- “I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street.” (W. H. Auden)
True love is endless and impossible to break. Just like in one of the valentine quotes that is presented earlier, true love will end when impossible things will happen, like a salmon singing in the street. Whoever is in love knows this feeling very well.
- “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” (Henry Van Dyke)
Love has no limits and no boundaries. It is timeless and ageless, because we do not care what happens around us, as long as we have the loved one around.
- “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” (Kay Knudsen)
Being apart from the person you love most is indeed a hard challenge. Still, it is comforting at the same time, because knowing that you have someone to love and who loves you back, and you will soon reunite, is a beautiful thought.
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.” (Claudia Adrienne Grandi)
The loved one is always on our mind, so if every though of them would be a flower, there wouldn’t be enough space to plant them all. Their image sticks with us just like they made a special place to dwell, both in our mind and soul.
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” (Aristotle)
That it is why our true love is called our other half. It is like two halves of a soul meet, each of them living in a different body, just to be reunited and form a whole. It is a legend around this, as it is said that the supreme God was jealous of his creation, the perfect human, splitting it in half, and condemning the halves to look for one another. This is why our biggest wish is to find our other half.
- “Love is not finding someone to live with; it’s finding someone you can’t live without.” (Rafael Ortiz)
It is true that we don’t like living alone, but love is not about finding someone to coexist with. Love is about finding that person that makes your life complete, whose lack of presence makes you anxious, restless and incomplete. So go out there and find your love, and if you did already, be grateful for what you have.
Love is a wonderful thing to celebrate, and these valentine quotes will help you have an unforgettable day. Still, do have in mind that you shouldn’t wait for a special day every year to celebrate your love. Show that special person as often as you can that you love her or him, that you care and that he or she is your other half. Love should be enjoyed and celebrated every day, because it will keep a marriage going, no matter what, and a relationship in a couple go strong for decades. Don’t forget about the love that was burning between the two of you when you met, and try to keep the fire open throughout your entire life.