For many of us, the weekend is the light at the end of the tunnel as we work hard during the week, and then get the chance to put our feet up and relax a little bit and recharge our metaphorical batteries before the dreaded Monday rears its ugly head once again. Providing you do indeed have chance to relax and unwind over the weekend, no matter where you live, and no matter what the weather may have in store for you, when 5pm rolls around on Friday evening and you make your way home, there will be very little that can spoil your good mood.
Weekends allow us to spend time with friends and family, they allow us to head out for meals and enjoy a few glasses of wine with dinner without feeling guilty (providing we’re not driving that is!), and they allow us to get jobs done in the home and garden, before putting our feet up, relaxing, watching a little TV, renting a movie, or reading a good book, amongst other things.
To help whet your appetite and get you in the weekend spirit, here are a selection of humorous, warm, uplifting, and inspiring happy weekend quotes for facebook, or twitter, or simply just for you to enjoy personally.
Awesome Happy Weekend Quotes And Quotes About The Weekend
1. Happy Weekend!
2. Have A Great Weekend!
3. Enjoy Your Weekend!
4. Enjoy Your Weekend My Fabulous Friend 🙂
5. Happy Weekend! Get out and be adventurous! Enjoy life and all that surrounds you!
6. Good Morning Have A Great Weekend!
7. Good Morning Have A Nice Weekend!
8. Happy Long Weekend!
9. Enjoy Your Long Weekend!
10.“Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless”
– Bill Watterson.
11. “Better days are coming, they’re known as Saturday and Sunday” – Anonymous
12. “The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
13. “Why wait for the weekend to have fun”? – Loesje.org
14. “Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday”
15. “Your hair may be brushed, but your mind’s untidy. You’ve had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation, you’re sunk from a riot of relaxation.”
– Ogden Nash
16.“Every man has the right to a Saturday night bath”
– Lyndon B. Johnson
17.“Of all the days that’s in the week, I love but one day and that’s the day that comes betwixt a Saturday and a Monday.”
– Henry Carey
18. Most people are in a factory from nine till five. Their job may be to turn out 263 little circles. At the end of the week they’re three short and somebody has a go at them. On Saturday afternoons they deserve something to go and shout about.
– Rodney Marsh, 1969
19. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”
– Audrey Hepburn
20. “Music always sounds better on a Friday” – Lou Brutus
21. “There’s no greater feeling than a plate of your favourite food in front of the TV on a Friday night”
22. “There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends. – Arnot Sheppard
23. “How pleasant is Saturday night,
When I’ve tried all the week to be good,
And not spoke a word that was bad,
And obliged everyone that I could”
– Nancy Sproat
24. “Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you”
– Ogden Nash
25. “Most people are in a factory from nine till five. Their job may be to turn out 263 little circles. At the end of the week they’re three short and somebody has a go at them. On Saturday afternoons they deserve something to go and shout about”
– Rodney Marsh, 1969
Funny Weekend Quotes And Sayings To Get Your Weekend Started
Below are some funny weekend quotes and saying, start your weekend with a smile. Happy weekend!
26. “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend”
– Zenna Scha
27. “There simply aren’t enough days in the weekend” – Rod Schmidt
28. “The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend”
– Chuck Palahniuk
29. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.”
– John Shirley
30. “It’s not that we spend five days looking forward to just two. It’s that most people do what they enjoy most on those two days. Imagine living a life where everyday are your Saturdays and Sundays. Make everyday your weekend. Make everyday a play-day…”
– James A. Murphy
31. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
32. “No weekend, all weakened” – Toba Beta
33. “The world is a sad place today. I miss the good ol’ days. Gosh, why can’t I just go back to last weekend?” – Jarod Kintz
34. “cozy+smell of pancakes-alarm clock=weekend”
― Amy Krouse Rosenthal
35. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend’s over before it’s ever really begun” – Catherine McCormack
36.“Had an amazing weekend hanging with my pals.”
― Victoria Justice
Happy Weekend Motivational Quotes And Messages To Inspire You
Are you looking for a good motivational quote to share with your family and friends? Below are some inspiring motivational quotes and messages, perfect way to wish a happy weekend and yet inspirational !
37. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Have A Great Weekend!
38. Today, whatever is good for your soul, do that. Happy Weekend!
Sometimes we don’t realize the blessings we have until we no longer have them. Appreciate all the blessings in your life, take none for granted. Happy Weekend!
39. Don’t worry about yesterday or last month. Today is a new day, so renew your mind this morning. Be positive and start fresh. Happy Weekend!
40. People with many interests live, not only longest, but happiest. Happy Weekend!
41. Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes. Happy Weekend!
42. Fortune favors the brave. Happy Weekend!
43. Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul. Have a great weekend!
44. Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy. Enjoy Your Weekend!
45. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved. Happy Weekend!
46. Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. Enjoy your weekend!
47. Either you run the day, or the day runs you. Happy Weekend!
48. Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right. Have an awesome weekend!
49. This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy. Have a wonderful weekend!
50. Believe with all of your heart that you will do what you were made to do. Happy Weekend!
So there you have it, no matter what your plans for the upcoming weekend may be, if you’re not quite feeling the weekend spirit just yet, take a look at these great enjoy your weekend quotes, or perhaps a few more happy long weekend quotes if you’re fortunate enough to have landed an extra day off, and you’ll soon be in the weekend spirit in no time at all. Remember, no matter the weather, no matter the company, and no matter your circumstances, you control your own destiny and fate so if you feel like going the extra mile and breaking free from your comfort zone this weekend, what’s holding you back? Live for the moment, broaden your horizons, try new things, or even just order a pizza, throw on some sweats, and relax in front of the TV all weekend. The weekend is yours so do as you feel fit, just make sure you have a great time, be happy, and that next weekend, you have an even better time, still!