“A true champion can adapt to anything.”
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Quotes About Change inspire us that Change is around us constantly. Sometimes it is so consistent and minute that we don’t even notice it whereas there are times that it is so sudden and severe that it bowls us over. The one dependable trait of change is that it happens all the time, whether we want it or not. Thus, you need to be able to deal with it effectively. Some of us welcome change and discover ways to turn the unexpected into a chance for growth. There are also those who simply react because change frightens them. How we handle change and field the curve balls that come our way is the key to live a life free of fear. The right attitude can make the difference in you achieving your goals and growing with the changes rather than allowing the unexpected to ruin your life.
How to Adapt to Change
If you are unsure of how to cope with change, here are some tips that can help you in adapting to any changes that happen in your personal or professional life:
- Being emotional is perfectly normal. It is completely natural for you to feel a sense of loss or sadness or place blame or even get angry. Sure, you have every right to have a pity party, but only for a short while. Then it is time for you to move on. If you spent too much time in that place of blame or anger, you will never be able to adapt to the change and turn it for the better.
- It can be good for you; this is something you shouldn’t forget at any cost. It isn’t necessary for change to be for the worse. You will feel better if you learn to be surprised in a positive way. Surprises can be good, but people often forget this because they are slapped with bad changes so many times. Even if the change doesn’t seem good, bear in mind that its keeping you on your toes and you will be able to enjoy the benefits when the tide eventually turns.
- Hope for the future because that will help you go on. You have to be positive and not let go of hope. Believe that you see the light at the end of the tunnel and you will able to adapt to anything.
- You are not alone; make this your mantra. When you go through some major changes, it is normal for you to think that you are the only one dealing with these problems or going through it. However, this will not make it true. There are lots of people who can empathize with you because they have gone through the same. Your friends and family will be there to support you and help you so you can make the transition smoothly. You may need to ask for help, but that’s okay. If people don’t come forward on their own, it is probably because they don’t know how to help or how you would react so you can call out to them. You can get strength by reading some quotes about change from great people.
Inspirational Quotes About Change In Life
1. “Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.”
– Bikram Choudhury
2. “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes”
– Johann Wolfgang
3. “Fashion changes, but style endures.”
– Coco Chanel
4. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”
5. “I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.”
– Aldous Huxley
6. “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.”
– Barack Obama
7. “By changing nothing, nothing changes.”
– Tony Robbins
8. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
– Elbert Hubbard
9. “Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.”
– J.D. Salinger
10. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.”
– Steve Maraboli
11. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”
– Philip Pullman
12. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.”
– Leo Tolstoy
13. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.”
– Karen Lamb
14. “To create more positive results in your life, replace ‘if only’ with ‘next time’.”
15. “If work were so pleasant, the rich would keep it for themselves.”
– Mark Twain
16. “Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.”
– Henry van Dyke
17. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.”
– Wayne Gretzky
18. Change means that what was before wasn’t perfect. People want things to be better.
19. “As soon as anyone starts telling you to be “realistic,” cross that person off your invitation list.”
– John Eliot
20. “When in doubt, choose change.”
– Lily Leung
21. Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
22. Change is inevitable. Change is constant. -Benjamin Disraeli
23. Each of us has the opportunity to change and grow until our very last breath. Happy creating.
24. “You’re always you, and that don’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
– Neil Gaiman
25. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.”
– Libba Bray
26.“It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
– Bob Proctor
27. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
– Michael Jordan
28. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.”
– Fyodor Dostoyevsky
29. “Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.”
30. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
– William Jennings Bryan
31. “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.”
32. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher
33. “All great changes are preceded by chaos.”
– Deepak Chopra
34. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
– Marilyn Monroe
35. “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.”
– Lemony Snicket
36. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”
– Andy Warhol
37. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
– A.A. Milne
38. “Never, never, never, never give up.”
– Winston Churchill
39. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”
– Stephen Chbosky
40. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
– Lao Tzu
41. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”
– Winston Churchill
42. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
– Elbert Hubbard
43. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
– Andre Gide
44. People can cry much easier than they can change. -James Baldwin
45. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
-John F. Kennedy
46. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.”
– Alan Watts
47. The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. -Albert Einstein
48. When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. -Benjamin Franklin
49. The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.
50. The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.
51. If you don’t like change, you will like irrelevance even less.
-General Eric Shinseki
52. People change for one of two reasons: They have learned a lot, or they have been hurt too many times.
53. Making a big life change is scary. But do you know what’s even scarier? Regrets.
54. change for yourself not for someone
55. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
56. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
57. Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.
-John Kenneth Galbraith
58. Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
59. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
60. Your success in life isn’t based on your ability to simply change. It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers, and business.
61. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
62. Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.
-Sydney J. Harris
63. It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.
-W. Edwards Deming
64. There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.
65. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
66. And just for fun… “Change is inevitable–except from a vending machine.”
-Robert C. Gallagher
67. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. -Mother Teresa
69. The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.
70. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different…”
― C.S. Lewis
71. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” –Jim Rohn
72. “Even if you stumble, you’re still moving forward.” –Unknown
73. when life gives you 100 reasons to cry show life a thousand reasons to smile-unknown
74. Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.
75. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.”
― C. JoyBell C.
76. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
-Norman Vincent Peale
77. People don’t resist change. They resist being changed.
78. Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.
79. If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.
80. Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
-George Bernard Shaw
81. When people shake their heads because we are living in a restless age, ask them how they would like to life in a stationary one, and do without change.
-George Bernard Shaw
82. I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better. -Georg C. Lichtenberg
83. He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. -Harold Wilson
84. Change before you have to. -Jack Welch
85. It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change. -Charles Darwin
86. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
87. People will try to tell you that all the great opportunities have been snapped up. In reality, the world changes every second, blowing new opportunities in all directions, including yours. -Ken Hakuta
88. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” — Coco Chanel
89. A wise man adapts himself to circumstances, as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it. -Chinese Proverb