You’re never fully dressed without a smile, at least according to the plucky little redheaded girl who starred in the classic movie Annie, and she’s definitely not wrong. A smile is the perfect way to convey joy, happiness, agreement, laughter, or any other number of positive emotions.
A smile is defined as “forming ones mouth features into a pleased, kind, or amused expression, typically with the corners of the mouth turned up and the front teeth exposed. Can you remember the last time that you smiled? Not just tweaked the edges of your mouth up a little bit, but really smiled: a face-stretching grin that adds a brilliant sparkle to your eyes? What brought that smile to your face?
Chances are, thinking about that memory just brought that same smile to your face as you’re reading this.
Smiling actually has a great number of health benefits too, including:
- Reducing stress.
- Improving mood
- Lowering heart rate and fostering relaxation.
- Lessening pain, both physical and mental.
- Extending life. (Studies have shown that people who smile often live up to 7 years longer than people who don’t.)
Smiling encourages the body to relax and to release endorphins. These endorphins are the body’s way of naturally fighting pain and stress and the easiest way to get the body to produce more of them is to smile a little bit more throughout the day.
If you’re looking for a few more reasons to smile throughout the day, then you’re in luck. We’ve scoured the web for the best smile quotes to encourage you to add a bit more joy to your daily life.
Beautiful Quotes That Make You Smile
1. “Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
― Mother Teresa
2.Smile and the world will smile with you.
3. Stay strong, make them wonder how you’re still smiling.
4. You are somebody’s reason to smile.
5. When I look out at the people and they look at me and they’re smiling, then I know that I’m loved. That is the time when I have no worries, no problems.
6. It takes a lot of energy to be negative. You have to work at it. But smiling is painless. I’d rather spend my energy smiling.
7. I love it when in the middle of our kiss I can feel you smiling.
8. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
– Dr. Seuss
9. If you don’t start out the day with a smile, it’s not too late to start practising for tomorrow.
10. If you would like to spoil the day for a grouch, give him a smile.
11. If you smile at someone, they might smile back.
12. After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.
– William R. Alger
13. You’re never fully dressed without a smile.
– Martin Charnin
14. Use your smile to change the world; don’t let the world change your smile.
15. Never regret something that once made you smile.
16. Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful.
17. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
18. I’ve got nothing to do today but smile.
19. A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.
20. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the
source of your joy.
—Thích Nhất Hạnh
21. Don’t cry for a man who’s left you; the next one may fall for your smile.
22. You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.
23. I add a smile to everything I wear and that has worked great for me.
24. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.
– William Arthur
25. Every day you spend without a smile, is a lost day.
26. Everyone smiles in the same language.
27. I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.
—Leonardo da Vinci
28. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.
29. Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
30. If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.
31. A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.
– Tom Wilson
32. Every smile makes you a day younger. (笑一笑十年少)
33. “I was smiling yesterday,I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow.Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.”
― Santosh Kalwar
34. Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.
– Anna Lee
36. A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.
– Charles Gordy
37. The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.
38. Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter
rich smiles in sad hearts.
39. Always remember to be happy because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile.
40. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your
eyes then share with me your smile.” ― Santosh Kalwar
41. “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers.”
― Maya Angelou
42. I fall for your beautiful smile every single time.
43.”We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.”
– Mother Teresa
44. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
― Mother Teresa
45. “A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one.”
― Masashi Kishimoto
46. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.”
― Steve Maraboli
47. “it’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summertime!”
― Kenny Chesney
48. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.”
― Mandy Hale
49. “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.”
― R.J. Palacio
50. “She has a sly smile, and eyes that seem to see my essence as they explore my soul and implore my spirit to enter her. I look at her and I see love.”
― Jarod Kintz
51. “I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile.”
― Adriana Trigiani
52. “A smile remains the most inexpensive gift I can bestow on anyone and yet its powers can vanquish kingdoms.”
― Og Mandino