“Some of us think holding on makes us stronger, but sometimes it is letting go”
Every day, you change and so does the universe. Just because something was right or perfect yesterday doesn’t mean that it still is. This could be a habit, a home, place, job or even a relationship. It all happens slowly; you grow and discover more about who you are and what you seek from life. You come to the realization that it is time to make some deliberate changes for keeping up with the changes that are happening within you and around you. The lifestyle you have is no longer the best. The routines and people you have known are no longer aligned with your values. It is time to cherish all the memories, but let go and move on.
However, most people find it easier to hold on than let go. No one wants to leave the familiar and step out into the unknown. Who knows what it will bring? But, you cannot be stuck in the past if you want to have a future. Here are some effective ways you can let go and move on with your life to be happy and successful:
- Accept reality and be grateful. When you let go, you are being thankful for the experiences that have helped you laugh, cry and learn. You accept what you had, have and hope to have. It is about finding the strength for trusting your intuition, embracing life changes and learning as you go. You realize the value of each experience and are able to take positive steps forward.
- Distance yourself for some time. Sometimes, the only way to look at a situation clearly is to take a few steps back. The best way to go about it is to take a break and focus on other things. When you return, you can look at it from a fresh perspective. It is completely different from not leaving at all.
- Take full control of your life. It is your life and no one else has control over it. The grapevine may have taught you to blame someone else for your problems; your parents, mentors, teachers, the education system, friends or government. This is wrong. It is on you because if you want to change, then nothing and no one can stop you. Where there is a will there’s a way, remember?
- Take a chance. When you encounter challenges in your life, there are usually reasons behind it. They test your willingness to change or your courage. Don’t be fearful of the next step. You just have to take the chance and let your life change. You’ll be happier for it.
- Think about what can be changed and focus on it alone. You need to understand that not everything in life can be altered or understood. There is no point in dwelling over things on which you have no control. You need to focus on matters you can change and simply change your opinion about things you cannot. You can read some letting go quotes and moving on quotes to help yourself think straight and set focus of your life.
Letting go quotes And Quotes About Letting Go
Letting go of anger quotes:
1. Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love. – Leo Buscaglia
Inspirational Letting go quotes And sayings:
2. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
– Havelock Ellis
Image Credit: www.lettinggoandmovingonquotes.com
3. As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the storm don’t try to stand up straight and tall and erect. They allow themselves to bend and be blown with the wind. They understand the power of letting go. Those trees and those branches that try too hard to stand up strong and straight are the ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be strong, Julia, or you, too, will break.
– Julia Butterfly Hill
Letting go of a relationship quotes:
4. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.”
– Mandy Hale
Letting go of love quotes
5. Loving someone is setting them free, letting them go.
– Kate Winslet
6. No reason to stay is a good reason to go.
7. Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
– Leo Buscaglia
8. Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.
9. Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
– Raymond Lindquist
10. People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
– Thich Nhat Hanh
11. In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.
12. sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.
– Gloria Naylor
Letting go of the past quotes:
13. Stand up and walk out of your history.
– Phil McGraw
14. The harder you fight to hold on to specific assumptions, the more likely there’s gold in letting go of them.
– John Seely Brown
15. Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another’s personhood.
– Karen Casey
16. There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.
positive letting go quotes and sayings
17. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.
– Joseph Campbell
18.When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
– Lao Tzu
19. Letting go helps us to to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.
– Melody Beattie
20. You have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by. Yes, but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.
– James Matthew Barrie
21. You never leave someone behind, you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind.
22. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
– Daphne Rose Kingma
23. Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.
– Oprah Winfrey
24. True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.
25. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
26. Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.
– Ann Landers
27. Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.
– Gerald Jampolsky
28. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
– Oprah Winfrey
29. People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.
– Bill Cosby
30. Forgiveness means letting go of the past.
– Gerald Jampolsky
31. We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
– Joseph Campbell
32. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.
– Jessica Hatchigan
33. You can only lose what you cling to.
– Buddha ( Read More Buddha quotes about life and love )
34. By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.
– Lao Tzu
35. The mental and physical space we create by letting go of things that belong in our past gives us…the option to fill the space with something new.
– Susan Fay West
36. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
– Deborah Reber
37. “Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.”
– Dalai Lama
38. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open.”
– Ralph Marston
Moving On Quotes
39. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
– Steve Maraboli
40. I think it’s important to have closure in any relationship that ends – from a romantic relationship to a friendship. You should always have a sense of clarity at the end and know why it began and why it ended. You need that in your life to move cleanly into your next phase.
– Jennifer Aniston
41. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.”
– Robert Downey Jr.
42. “Girls you’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.”
― Tori Amos
43. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”
– Victor Kiam
44. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.
– Walter Anderson
45. To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.
– Dave Pelzer
move on quotes after break up for him and her
46. If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.
– Khalil Gibran
47. At some point, you’ll have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.
— Ashley Hodgeson
48. Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That, and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.
49. Take those chances and you can achieve greatness, whereas if you go conservative, you’ll never know. I truly believe what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Even if you fail, learning and moving on is sometimes the best thing.
50.There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t jump puddles for you.
51. “Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.”
– Justin Timberlake
quotes about moving on and letting go in life
52. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.”
– Alyson Noel
53. Part of growing up is just taking what you learn from that and moving on and not taking it to heart.
– Beverley Mitchell
54. I can enjoy anywhere, and I can leave it. Life is about moving on.
– Waris Dirie
55. In my life, I have made the occasional catastrophic choice, and it’s just a case of moving on and learning from it.
– James Nesbitt
56. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
– Denis Waitley
57. The best revenge is just moving on and getting over it. Don’t give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.
58. Someone once told me I’m a sore winner, and they’re right. I rarely take more than a moment to enjoy a success before I’m moving on and looking for the next challenge.
– Eli Broad
59. I think fashion is actually very good training for being in the tech world, because it’s all about moving on to the next thing, looking for the next thing, not getting stuck in the past.
– Natalie Massenet
60. Forgiving you is my gift to you. Moving on is my gift to myself.
61. The best can’t find you until you put the worst behind you.
62. “You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.”
– Ziad K. Abdelnour
63. I’m not giving up,I’m just starting over.
64. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”
– Steve Maraboli
65. If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.
– Carlos Santana
66. I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, no just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.
– Carl Sandburg
67. Forget the past – the future will give you plenty to worry about.
– George Allen, Sr.
68. Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.
– Jerry Cantrell
69. Getting over someone is a grieving process. You mourn the loss of the relationship, and that’s only expedited by ‘Out of sight, out of mind.’ But when you walk outside and see them on a billboard or on TV or on the cover of a magazine, it reopens the wound. It’s a high-class problem, but it’s real.
– Hank Azaria
70. By forgetting the past and by throwing myself into other interests, I forget to worry.
– Jack Dempsey
71. “Life moves on and so should we”
– Spencer Johnson
72. “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward”
– Erika Taylor
73.“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
– Walt Disney
74. “Even a rock moves on.”
– Anthony Liccione
75. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.”
– Denis Waitley
76. “We don’t want to go back to the same policies and practicies that drove our economy into a ditch, that punished the middle class, and that led to this catastrophe. We keep moving forward.”
– David Axelrod
77. If someone won’t lift a finger to call you, see you, and spend time with you, it’s time for you to lift five fingers and wave goodbye.
78. Sometimes it’s very hard to move on, but once you move on, you’ll realize it was the best decision you’ve ever made.
79. “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same nor would you want to.”
― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
80. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
– C. S. Lewis
More quotes about moving on and letting go:
81. “Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.”
– Henry David Thoreau
82. “A breakup is like a broken mirror. It’s better to leave it than hurt yourself trying to pick up the pieces.”
83。“If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.”
― C. JoyBell C.
84. Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties,
– Gail Sheehy
Last update: 3/1/2016